Talent Contest News
Talent Contest Rules for Illinois Association of Agricultural Fairs State Competition
January 17, 2015
(Professional entertainers are not eligible)
PLEASE THOROUGHLY READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL RULES!
PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO RULES NUMBER 3, 4 AND 9!
- The entry or act can only represent one county fair. Each fair may enter only one Junior and one Senior act per year. Entry must represent the county in which they won an actual talent competition in 2014. Runner up act can represent if winner cannot compete.
- Any act that performs over the 4-minute time limit will be disqualified. Contestant is not to give an introduction to their act. The MC will announce the County or Fair they represent and the act begins.
- Age limits each division:
- Junior Division: All contestants can be 14 years old or younger on the day and date of the local contest. Junior division contestants can be 15 years old when competing at the State Level in January, if they met the age requirements at their local contest.
- Senior Division: Contestants cannot be over 21 years of age on the day and date of their local contest. Senior division contestants can be 22 years old when competing at the State Level in January, if they met the age requirements at their local contest.
- Limitation as a result of prior participation:
- Junior Division contestant at the State Contest cannot return to the State Level
Junior Division again.(Exception is rule C below) A previous Junior Division contestant can compete at the State Level in the Senior Division providing the contestant is 15 years of age and under 22 years of age.
- No Senior Division Contestant can return to the State Contest as participants (exception is rule C below.)
- In either division a contestant competing as a single can come back in a group
or if in a group can come as a single, one time.
- A piano and floor mikes are the only equipment furnished. Floor mats and lavaliere mikes will need to be furnished by the contestants.
- The panel of judges' decisions will be final.
- There will be a setup time limit of 3 minutes per act. This will be timed.
- To lessen sound prop confusion. When using a CD taped accompaniment, only the song the contestant is using shall be on the CD/. No like talent is allowed on the recording. ie. vocal, tap dancing, any like instrument, etc. This will be carefully monitored.
- Entries and fees must be received by October 1, 2014. No late entries accepted.
- An entry fee of $75 per division entry is due with the application by October 1, 2014. Checks are payable to the Illinois Association of Agricultural Fairs. (IAAF). One check that includes both divisions is acceptable and preferred.
- About December 1st contestants will be sent information needed for the January 17th contest. The Junior Contest will be held in the afternoon and the Senior contest will be in the evening.
- All guests age 10 and over must purchase a badge at the door. ($10). Actual talent contestants will receive complimentary badges.
|Send entries to this address. Thanks!
Wm. H. Fugate, Sec.
24510 E 1000 N. Rd.
Fairbury, IL 61739
|Chairman of State Contest
(please contact with your questions)
14321 W. Loami Rd.
New Berlin, IL 62670
Phone: 217 624-5981 or 217-652-1162